The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with January in mind, there is a lot of gossip about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest news on rumours, arrivals, departures and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Man Utd favor Dortmund’s Bellingham
Manchester United is ready to make Jude Bellingham their primary target for next summer, according to The Mirror.
Erik ten Hag wants to land the 19-year-old midfielder, and Borussia Dortmund are reportedly demanding more than £130 million for his transfer.
Manchester City, Liverpool and Real Madrid are said to be in the race for his signature, but the Red Devils are aware they must secure a Champions League spot if they are to persuade him to move to Old Trafford over other suitors.
After United failed to secure a move for the Barcelona star Frenkie de JongBellingham appears to have escalated to the top of the shortlist.
The English international contributed 11 goals in 18 appearances for Edin Terzić’s team this season.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (USA)
08.00 GMT: The boss of Arsenal Mikel Arteta has dismissed reports linking him with Barcelona, praising the job Xavi has done in “lifting” the Catalan club as manager.
Arteta has led Arsenal to the top of the Premier League table this season, which has reportedly led to Barca eyeing their former youngster as a potential long-term replacement for Xavi.
Xavi’s side crashed out of the Champions League group stage for the second consecutive year this season, but Arteta insisted Barcelona are on a “really good path” despite the disappointment.
“What I can say is that I am extremely happy and proud to be where I am,” Arteta said ahead of Arsenal’s Europa League game against FC Zurich.
“Barcelona are on a really good path now. I think they have a phenomenal coach who is an absolute legend at the club and has lifted the whole place.
“You have to respect that a lot.”
Arteta started his playing career in Barcelona’s academy but never made a senior appearance for them.
PAPER GOSSIP (Adam Brown)
– Barcelona and AC Milan lead in the race for Jorginho, reports Sport. The 30-year-old Chelsea midfielder will enter the final six months of his contract in January, which will allow clubs outside the Premier League to discuss a pre-contract agreement with him. It goes without saying that he would prefer a move to LaLiga.
– Eden Hazard he could leave Real Madrid in January, according to Mundo Deportivo. Despite being under contract with the LaLiga club until the summer of 2024, just one start in the league this season has left the 31-year-old winger uncertain about his future in the Spanish capital. Juventus was linked with the Belgian national team player.
– Juventus are discussing a loan for Real Madrid Alvaro Odriozola, writes Calciomercato. Carlo Ancelotti’s side are reported to be willing to allow the 26-year-old right-back to leave the Santiago Bernabeu for free on loan in the January transfer window, having failed to feature this season. Odriozola played successfully in Serie A with Fiorentina last season.
– FC Salzburg Noah Okafor attracts the interest of Arsenal, he understands Ekrem Konur. The Gunners are believed to have sent scouts to monitor the 22-year-old forward in the Champions League on Wednesday, with Mikel Arteta’s side joining AC Milan and Leeds United in the race for his signature. Okafor scored nine goals in 18 appearances in all competitions for the Austrian team this season.
– AC Milan plans to start negotiations on a new contract with Olivier Giroudreveals Fabrizio Romano. The 36-year-old striker recorded two goals and two assists RossoneriChampions League 4-0 win over Salzburg on Wednesday. With his current term set to expire next summer, the Serie A side appear keen to keep him at the San Siro.