Barcelona eye Man City’s Bernardo Silva

The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with January in mind, there is a lot of gossip about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest news on rumours, arrivals, departures and, of course, deals!

TOP STORY: Barcelona target January signing Bernardo Silva from Man City

Barcelona are back in the hunt for the Manchester City star Bernardo Silvasays Sport.

The LaLiga side were linked with the 28-year-old over the summer and are now reportedly confident they have the resources to land the deal over the line. The Blaugrana are looking to make a number of signings in January and manager Xavi Hernandez is reported to see Silva as an important part of his long-term project at the Camp Nou.

The Portuguese international has remained an integral part of Pep Guardiola’s side this season, making 19 appearances in all competitions for Man City. That could create difficulties in negotiations as Barcelona try to convince the Citizens to part with a key player in the middle of the Premier League title race.

But after retirement Gerard Piquethe Catalan club now believe they have the resources to get a deal over the line when the winter transfer window opens, while they also look to address options at centre-back and right wing.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (USA)

LIVE BLOG

10.16 GMT: Barcelona has advanced in the negotiations on the extension Marcos Alonsocontract for an additional two seasons, with his terms expiring next summer, sources told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.

Also Read :  Cody Gakpo: Man Utd closing on PSV and Netherlands forward? - Paper Talk | Transfer Centre News

Alonso, 31, joined as a free agent from Chelsea at the start of September after his contract with the Premier League side was terminated by mutual consent. The Spanish left-back only signed an initial one-year deal at the Camp Nou, but Barca have already expressed their desire to extend his stay for a further two seasons.

Alonso scored his first goal for Barca in the midweek win over Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League and has made 10 appearances in all competitions since signing. Several of those appearances have come at centre-back in recent weeks as Barca face a defensive injury crisis.

09.32 GMT: Wolverhampton Wanderers have been named Julen Lopetegui for the new head coach, the Premier League club announced on Saturday.

Former Spain, Real Madrid and Sevilla coach Lopetegui replaced interim manager Steve Davis, who was put in charge of the team following the sacking of Bruno Lage last month.

The 56-year-old was Wolves’ first choice to replace Lage, but initially pulled out of the running for the job for personal reasons. However, several weeks of talks have continued and he will take up the role after the club’s league game against Arsenal on November 12.

Wolves, 19th in the league with 10 points from 13 games, host Brighton & Hove Albion later on Saturday.

09.00 GMT: Manchester United coach Erik ten Hag said Donny van de Beek he must improve when given the chance to prove his worth at the club, but he is not giving up on the midfielder just yet.

Also Read :  Stéphanie Frappart to make history as the first woman to referee a men's World Cup match

In his third season at United, Van de Beek is no closer to holding down a first-team place, having played just 19 minutes in Premier League football this season after spending the second half of last season on loan at Everton.

The 25-year-old was handed his first Europa League start of the season against Real Sociedad on Thursday night but was ineffective as United stumbled to a 1-0 victory.

“He had a good pre-season and then he got injured, now he’s back,” Ten Hag told a news conference ahead of United’s clash with Aston Villa on Sunday.

“I think it was a decent performance [against Sociedad] but it can be better. I know him very well [from Ajax].

“He delivered what I expected in terms of positioning, pressing and transition. I can only speak highly of him [at United] from the time I spent here and I think he can do more.”

PAPER GOSSIP (Adam Brown)

– Chelsea are preparing for the break Denis Zakarialoan deal in January, Calciomercato understands. Despite an impressive performance against Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League on Wednesday night, the Blues are still struggling to find a place for him as a regular in Graham Potter’s squad and have no intention of activating his €28m permanent release clause.

Also Read :  Man United prioritise Jude Bellingham

– AC Milan is watching carefully Jakub Kiwior, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The Serie A champions have been keeping a close eye on the 22-year-old Spezia centre-back in recent weeks and the Rossoneri could be preparing a move for his signature in January. The Pole made 12 appearances in Serie A this season.

– Arsenal and Aston Villa are interested in the Villarreal star Alex Baenait says Ekrem Konur. The 21-year-old winger has been a standout performer for the Yellow Submarine this season, and that seems to have caught the attention of the Premier League side. He scored four goals in a total of 11 appearances.

– New York City FC wants to keep Santiago Rodriguezreports Cesar Luis Merlot. The 22-year-old Uruguayan international offensive midfielder was a key player for the Doves during the regular season, contributing 18 goals in 35 games. It is understood they are evaluating the possibility of signing him on a new loan ahead of next season.

– midfielder of Fiorentina Szymon Zurkowski attracts interest from Bologna and Turin, Tuttosport learns. The 25-year-old midfielder is said to be unwilling to renew his contract at Florence, which could force the Violas to part ways with him in January to avoid losing him on a free transfer in the summer. He is yet to start in Serie A in the 2022-23 season.



Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button